- Historical downtown Mount Airy - home of Andy Griffith, Snappy Lunch, Floyd's Barber Shop and the Bluebird Diner. Check out Mount Airy home of the Autumn Leaves festival and Mayberry Days. To assist in your trip planning to Mount Airy try the Surry Arts website.
- Blue Ridge Parkway - Scenic by-way stretching 469 miles from Skyline Drive at Rockfish Gap VA to Cherokee NC.
- Blue Ridge Music Center - located south on the parkway near milepost 213 with music every weekend during the summer
- Mabry Mill - north on the parkway, the most photographed place on the Blue Ridge Parkway
- Cana Va - just down 52 - numerous antique shops & produce markets
- New River Trail State Park - Trail on an old railroad bed for 57 miles from Galax to Pulaski. Easy trail with very little grade. Biking, walking and horses allowed. Parallels the New River for 39 miles, Chestnut Creek for 12 miles and Claytor Lake for 1.5 miles. Click on the link for more info.
Blue Ridge Parkway cabin rentals, lodging, Virginia mountain cabin rentals, North Carolina mountain cabin rentals, Railroad caboose cabin, Yadkin Valley, Mount Airy, Mayberry days, Autumn Leaves, Chateau Morrisette, Shelton Vineyards, Floydfest, Black Wolf, Round Peak, Old North State winery Star Gazing, Anniversary, Blue Ridge Music Center, Mountain cabin, biker friendly, honeymoon, doe run, ,lonesome pine, volunteer gap, Fancy Gap, Orchard Gap, newlywed romantic secluded weekend getaway. NASCAR, Lowes Motor Speedway, Martinsville Speedway, Bristol Motor Speedway, Biker friendly